From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to know the PANTONE color of at a certain pixel of the image

Hi Mohit,

Yes, edge detection cannot work on color images. For a list of operations that support color images, look at the "Supported Image types" in the NI-Vision help.

To convert from color to grayscale, you can use the IMAQ Extract Single Color Plane.vi. The luminance plane conveys intensity information and this will be grayscale.

Jaidev

Senior Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(6,362 Views)

Hello,

Than you very much for your help. But I still couldnt convert a colour image to grayscale image becuase I couldnt find the `IMAQ Extract Single Color Plane.vi`, would you like to send the link to open this vi? or could you tell me the location where I can find this vi? I appreciate your help. With regards

Mohit

Berlin

Hi Mohit,

Yes, edge detection cannot work on color images. For a list of operations that support color images, look at the "Supported Image types" in the NI-Vision help.

To convert from color to grayscale, you can use the IMAQ Extract Single Color Plane.vi. The luminance plane conveys intensity information and this will be grayscale.

Jaidev

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(6,351 Views)
Hi Mohit,

Here's how you would navigate the Function Palette:
Vision and Motion>>Vision Utilities>>Color Utilities>>IMAQ Extract Single Color Plane.vi

Also, the function palette has a search feature; look for the Search button in the top right corner. It searches the palette by keyword and then by double-clicking the result, you can see where the VI is.

-Jaidev
Senior Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(6,335 Views)
hello,

Thank you very much for your tips. Finally I made vi that convert any colour image into grayscale one. for your reference i have attached it herewith. NOw I have to generate code or make vi that will compare one particular image with many other images and find out with which image the  former image is matching. For that, may be I need to define images in terms of line with specific slopes and lengths, and all curves in terms of radius and center. Then if the length and slope of any two lines are almost same, vi should tell us that these two parts match with each other. For your reference i have attached a simple image (png file) where 'A' is reference part and we have to check which one (B or C) fits over A. If I can get some help from you, I would really be grateful to you. please tell me if I have to define my problem again, if it is not claer here.  with regards

Mohit
Berlin
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(6,201 Views)

Hi Mohit,

We have Geometric Pattern Matching VIs in the Vision Development Module that do exactly what you are trying to do. Just look up Geometric pattern matching examples in the Example finder to see how they are used. These examples are pretty well documented and should be fairly intuitive.

How to find the examples:

Navigate to Help>>Find Examples... and then navigate to Toolkits and Modules>>Vision. Both the Functions and Applications folders have Geometric matching examples.

Regards,

Jaidev

Senior Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(6,188 Views)

hi can plz help me out.....i want to show grayscale images into Bitmap (0-7 bits). Is it possible to show garyscale image into bitmap 1 bit, 2bit,..upto...7bit image.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(4,026 Views)

Please post this in a new thread since this thread is five years removed from activity. You should post your question in the Machine Vision forum since it is dealing with image processing.

Blake C.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(4,015 Views)