From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to know the PANTONE color of at a certain pixel of the image

Dear Sir ,

I am designing a software that will get the pantone color of certain location of the image . I will define a certain pixel location of the image , then I want the software to detect the equivalent pantone color .
NB> the image is obtained from a scanner .

thanks, Dr.WS Mak.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(13,549 Views)

Dr. WS Mak,

I am not very familiar with Pantone, though I know they offer an array of colors.  Are you looking to purchase some of our Vision software?  Do you have any of our software already?  Our Vision Development Module for LabVIEW can easily recognize a color, it uses pixel values to recognize colors.  We can help you set up a look-up table or to use out color matching VI depending upon the specifics of your application.  LabVIEW can read in the image from a file after it is read from the scanner as well.  Let me know what software you have if any, and what you are interested in.  Thank you!

-Allison S.

Applications Engineering

-Allison S.
Calibration Services
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27
(13,527 Views)
sorry for delay , I was abroad for the last  week.
Regarding the software I use . I intend to use your Imaq software version 7.1. I am developing the software in Visual basic 6.0 .
What i need is to know the color in of a certain ROI and get its Pantone color . I will capture the image by scanner . I h ave already captured it and passed the image to the CWIMAQViewer control .

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(13,494 Views)

Dr. WS Mak,

I'm glad to hear that you can already successfully capture the image.  At this point all you would need is a look-up-table defined by Pantone.  You may need more than the IMAQ driver -- most of the image and color recognition tools are not included in IMAQ.  I would contact Pantone and find out if they have a table of their colors corresponding to color values (RGB, or LSV for instance).  Then we can easily take in colors and compare what is read in by the scanner to the list of Pantone colors.  Is there a table like this that you know of?  Let me know if you do, thank you!

-Allison S.

Applications Engineering

-Allison S.
Calibration Services
Product Support Engineer
Message 4 of 27
(13,470 Views)

Dear Dir ,

Thank you so much for you interest , I really appreciate it so much .

Regarding the Pantone color table ( conversion between Pantone and RGB system ) , I have that table in *.mdb (MicroSoft Access Database) that have each Pantone color and the corresponding RGB , CMY and HEX values .

The problem is  : HOW to make such comparisons to get the corresponding Pantone . To make the situation easier to you , I have a certain color that is supposed to be a certain  Pantone C137 . I want to check if it is Pantone C137 or not  . I need this to be done by getting the CORRLEATION between two colors , ie the test color is 100 % of Pantone C137 , ie Iam 100% certain that the test color is the Pantone color . In the real world  , the test color may not be the same as Pantone C137 , if it is very close to the reference color , it the correlation will be 99.85 % , and so on . I will make my software make a tolerance for the test color , ie my tolerance is 2 % . ie , I will only accept colors that are 2 % different from the reference color . NB> I can get the reference color (eg in this case Pantone C137) by scanning this pantone and storing the color in the software .

if you can supply me with a simple code that can compare 2 colors together and get the correlation between them , it will be so helpfull .

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Dr.WS Mak.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(13,457 Views)

Dear Mr. Allision ,

In a simple terms , I want to make a COMPARE function in visual basic 6.0 that compare 2 colors and gets the % similarity , ie , if it returns 100 % , ie the 2 colors are the same , when it gives 99.5 % ie the 2 colors differs only by 0.5 % .

Thanks,

Regards,

Dr.WS Mak.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27
(13,450 Views)
Is there any answer ? or it is very difficult to do in NI activeX for Visual basic 6.0

Thanks,
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(13,412 Views)

Dr. WS Mak,

I apologize for the delay, the notices that you had posted did not come through immediately.  As far as the comparison, it would be simple enough to get in an image, look at it's RGB value and compare to the Pantone RGB values.  The color you scanned in and the color from the Pantone set would each have RGB values, each of which are from 0 to 255.  You could easily extract these values and divide one by the other to get the percent similarity.  You would also have to find a way to compare the color you have scanned to the closest Pantone color.  How many of these Pantone colors are there?  If there are not many you can compare the scanned color to each.  If there are many (more than a couple hundred) I would suggest organizing the colors in a way that would make searching for the correct color faster, unless you are manually going to choose which colors you are comparing to.  It is not our policy to write code; if you would like, we can get you in contact with an alliance member who can help.  I am more than happy, though, to help with suggestions and design.  Thank you!

-Allison S.

Applications Engineering

-Allison S.
Calibration Services
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27
(13,398 Views)
Thanks for your help , I will try it and feeback you with the results.

Thanks,
Dr.WSM
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27
(13,388 Views)
Dear Sir,

I  have created a block diagram that will open a 'Bitmap' im image saved in any location of the hard disk (lets say in desktop), Now I want to modify that image (like pixels, colours etc), I thin I should use colour table or look up table but I am not sure and I dont know how to use these tables. so please can anybdy help me? Thanking you

Mohit
Berlin
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27
(12,748 Views)