From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB6 NI-USB-9237 DAQmxCreateAIVoltageChan selected physical channel does not support the measurement type required

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a VB6 program with code that properly reads analog inputs from an NI-USB-6008.

I tried to re-use the code for a strain-gage module NI-USB-9237, but at the DAQmxCreateAIVoltageChan step I get the following error:

"Measurements: Selected physical channel does not support the measurement type required by the virtual channel you are creating.

Create a channel of a measurement type that is supported by the physical channel, or select a physical channel that supports the measurement type."

Should I be calling a function other than DAQmxCreateAIVoltageChan?

If so, what is it, or where can I find the reference for such functions?

Or - if that is the right function, should I pass different arguments?  Currently I'm calling:

DAQmxErrChk DAQmxCreateAIVoltageChan(taskHandle, "Dev1/ai1", "", DAQmx_Val_Cfg_Default, -10, 10, DAQmx_Val_VoltageUnits1_Volts, "")

Thanks in advance for your help

-Chris Hardy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,810 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CHardy

I figured it out from 372251a.PDF

First, the correct function is DAQmxCreateAIVoltageChanWithExcit

Second, you can't just ask for one sample on one channel - ask for 2 samples instead.

-Chris Hardy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(7,808 Views)