Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI system locking up.

When running the vb6 application around midnight the system locks up. O/S is win2000 professional. Anyone with any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,939 Views)
Is there any more information to work on?
Is this repeatable?
Is there hardware interaction?
Does anything turn on or off in the building at that time?
What exactly is meant by a system lockup?

The most usual cause for a lock up is a memory leak somwhere in the code. VB's flexibility in datatypes can make it possible to accidentaly grow a variable to gargantuan sizes. I recomend watching the performance monitor tab in the task manager watch for a slow decrease in resources. If this is the case carefully debug your program and look for places where the memmory is growing.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Amaury R.
NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,939 Views)
Windows O/S locks up. You have to power down the system and then power it back up. Memory resources are fine. The operator says it is repeatable. One thing that I did find yesterday is that the system event log was corrupted. I don't know if an event was generated and caused the system to crash or what. This morning I checked with the operator and the system did not freeze up last night and there were no events in the log files.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,939 Views)
If it keeps not happening again then we are in good shape.
If it dose keep happening and you believe that you have evidence that the problem is caused by a Measurement Studio control please email a National Instruments engineer by using the E-mail NI option from the Request Support page.

Regards,
Amaury R.
NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,939 Views)