Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message shown "Evaluation licence"

Hello

N.I. authorizes using of the software components (CWanalysis.ocx) included in the developed code and naturally it works correctly. Nevertheless, for this one used in Excel macro-commands, it raises a problem because it is necessary to copy manually components on all PC using Macro-commnds. In this case, when launched the macro-command works but indicates that it's a case of N.I. evaluation license !

You already have met this problem : in this case how did you solve it ? My be with an encapsulation of CWanalysis.ocx in a personnal ocx or DLL ? Does it work correctly ? In that case I would like an example or explanations ?

Any help will be welcome, By advance thanks

Claude

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,501 Views)

Hello Claude,

Do you get this message?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/50EFDDB4477B8B51862576B9007D52AD?OpenDocument

If yes, to use any Measurement Studio component within it's inside or outside of NI software, we need to have it properly licensed and activated. If not, this will give you the trial prompt.

Thanks

Paolo_P
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,475 Views)

Hello Paolo,

thank you for this answer first ! I confirm we obtain that error message but I would like some explications please. N.I. authorize the creation and the distribution of software including the libraries of N.I. (Components Works) when these libraries were normally bought (S/N M61X91795) and actived on developpment PC, isn’it ! If right, In this case it seems to me that I should be able to include one library (CWalalysys) in a DLL or OCX to do the same action linked in a macro-Excel. Otherwise, does it means we have to buy a licence and install these one onto each PC where we use solftware (exe), or Macro_Excel including N.I. library. ?

I hope I was clear !

Kind regards

Calude CHANAS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,454 Views)

Hello Claude,

You understood weel. To deploy your application which use CW functions, you need to activate each licence.

Thanks

Paolo_P
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,380 Views)