Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meas Studio eval-only controls have stopped working error on legacy installation but system still runs fine.

Gang:

I know I'm a dinsour.  I'm a small business man who bought a couple of production machines that were built in 2003 from a local engineering contractor.  Each has a couple of NI boards that run the machine running under Win XP.  A nice little VB6 program was created when the machines were new.  We've been really happy with the reliablity of the systems which have run 5/24 for the last 11 years...in fact we've never needed to repair the cheap PCs, although the parts were always at the ready.  So now I've built a couple of replacment systems using the same NI boards, with a fresh install of Win XP SP3 using the Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) 7.4.4 driver and the replacment systems boot right up and the machines work perfectly except...

I keep getting the "Your Measurement  Studio Evlauation-only controls have stopped functioning" message.  Great!  Let them stop functioning!  My machine works fine with out them--whatever they are.  However the error message keeps popping back up again, and again, and again.  What do I need to do to make this message go away for good?

--Steve

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,956 Views)

Hello shampton

You can disable the error reporting service following this article. This should fix your issue.

Regards

Chris S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,876 Views)

Thank you, Chris for your reply!

However the article you refer to speaks to disabling a program called NIER_SERVER at startup.  My machine has no NI software listed in the startup tab of msconfig.  In fact, the only two programs listed in the startup tab are the touchscreen driver and the VB6 executable for machine control.

Just to be more specific regarding our installation of Traditional NI-DAQ (Legacy) 7.4.4, there are may optional installation components.  The only two components I installed were the "NI DAQ OPC Server" and the "Microsoft Visual Basic Support."  I'm still not 100% sure if the "NI DAQ OPC Server" item is even required...perhaps I should reinstall without it?

--Steve

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,844 Views)

Hi Steve

Prior to reinstalling the software read this article, It describes the issue you are experiencing. If you built you application using a Measurement Studio Evaluation package this will have a 30 day evaluation period. Probably this period already expired? 

Chris S.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,808 Views)