Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to scale data before display on the chart without using MAX?

How can I access the data between the AI and the stripchart in order to scale it? I want to give the user the ability to scale each channel within the software (it is impractical to send them out to MAX to create scalings - plus I want to create an interface to some signal conditioners). Has anyone done this in CWorks under VB? Sample code would be appreciated...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,423 Views)
Grant:

The ComponentWorks CWAI control--and most of the data acquisition controls--provide the ability to bind attributes to channels. For instance, for every channel, I can specify a lower limit and an upper limit for my acquisition. These limits are used to determine the gain applied to the signal. Gains help you more effectively use the resolution of your data acquisition device to measure a signal that may only span a subset of the voltages your board is capable of measuring. You can setup these values when you add your channels to the ComponentWorks controls, either through the property pages or programmatically with

CWAI1.Channels.Add ChannelString [, UpperLimit] [, LowerLimit] [, InputMode] [, Coupling]

Please see the ComponentWorks documentation for more i
nformation on using these parameters.

Good Luck!

Chris Wood
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,423 Views)
Well, i did not mean how to change the actual gain of the A/D board - I will always leave it at ±5V, because this is the conditioned output of the signal conditioners in front of the A/D board. What i was asking was how to scale that ±5V into another unit and range, for example, if each V represents 20 Amps, etc.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,423 Views)