Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save the Line position in " Mechanical Assembly Example" due to I have many models

Hello !!

I just learned the VB using vision tool. 

In the  " Mechanical Assembly Example"  using the VB6.

We can detect the mising part using the edge line detection.

With 1 model is ok, but i want to detect many model for our parts.

But I can not save the line detect for model by model.

Can you help me how to save  the edge Line detection position for model by model.

Because with 1 model, I can insert lines to detect part, but when I closed my sofware, it can not save my line.

And if we have many model, how I can change data by model.

By support me with source code for example.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,797 Views)

how we use to database for this case ???pls help me your code

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,786 Views)

Just to make sure I understand correctly, you set the line and it works for all parts inspected during a given run of the software. When you close the program and reopen it, you have to reset the line?

Have you considered hardcoding the line information and creating different programs for each model?

Cameron T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 3 of 5
(6,763 Views)

Hello Cameron-T

"Have you considered hardcoding the line information and creating different programs for each model?"

Yes, I want to mae the line information and creating different programs for each model.

Can you help me how to make it ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,753 Views)

Generally speaking, when the user interface comes up to define a line you are creating a variable that is then used for the rest of the code. You would need to save that variable and then hardcode the values into the part of the program where it is used. I can't speak specifically because I don't know the specific example. Where did you find the example. I can take a look and give you specifics if you let me know.

Cameron T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,740 Views)