Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equivalent DAQmx Calls for NIDAQ Commands

Solved!
Go to solution

So I'm beginning to dig through the VB6 code that was written about 8 years ago by one of my engineering students.  Best I can tell, some of the first calls to the NIDAQ functions are:

INIT_DA_BRDS()

AO_VWRITE()

Basically, he checked to see if the status returned from the INIT_DA_BRDS() resulted in a valid install (by returning a valid device number code).  If so, then we could send a voltage out to the D/A board, using the AO_VWRITE().

So, who can tell me what the equivalent DAQmx functions are?

John Skurka
Staff Engineer - NVH
BorgWarner MorseTEC
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,854 Views)

You are looking for equivalent DAQmx functions but are you still working VB6 or a newer version of visual studio?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,838 Views)

Ultimately, would like to use DAQmx in VB6, so that an entire rewrite of the VB6 code isn't required.

John Skurka
Staff Engineer - NVH
BorgWarner MorseTEC
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,834 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BorgWarnerNVH

Hi BorgWarnerNVH,

I can see in this link: Converting VB6 NIDAQ-DAQmx that you asked for guidance to converting this code, Actually this document: transition is the most indicated to this convertion. The situation is that in DAQmx the way to use the functions is different because we use tasks so it harder to find like a equivalent function. But I recommend you to use the examples from the text-based code support for vb6, there you can check the NI-DAQmx C API Visual Basic 6.0 Help, do you have it installed?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,818 Views)

Yes - in my researching the issue, I have found that there are no 'direct' replacements, and that the method in which things are done are completely different.  I was able to take one of the sample programs and get it to work under the new operating system.  So, now I just need to port it over to our current VB6 code.

John Skurka
Staff Engineer - NVH
BorgWarner MorseTEC
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,815 Views)