From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmxSetAIADCTimingMode function not defined

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a typical task creation, setup, read and stop process in VB6 code. The acquisition part is shown below. This code fails to compile when I include the Timing Mode call (bold). Sub or Function not found. If I remove the bolded line the code runs correctly and acquires data. However the default mode is HighResolution and I want HighSpeed.

Note that all Timing Mode Constants and Functions appear in NIDAQmx.h, and I can in fact get this device to work in HighResolution or HighSpeed mode using python. However I'd rather not have to rewrite the entire VB6 application because of a single function call if I can avoid it.

So why is this function not found? btw - I'm using DAQmx 14.2 on Windows XP 32bit

' create task

DAQmxErrChk DAQmxCreateTask("", taskHandle)

'Add an analog input thermocouple channel to the task.
DAQmxErrChk DAQmxCreateAIThrmcplChan(taskHandle, "cDAQ-9214/ai:0", "", minTemp, maxTemp, DAQmx_Val_TemperatureUnits1_DegC, _
                                                                                   DAQmx_Val_ThermocoupleType1_J_Type_TC, DAQmx_Val_CJCSource1_BuiltIn, 25, "")

' set timing mode
DAQmxErrChk DAQmxSetAIADCTimingMode(taskHandle, Ksystem.txtAIDev.Text, DAQmx_Val_HighSpeed)

'Configure task for finite sample acquisition and read in data
DAQmxErrChk DAQmxCfgSampClkTiming(taskHandle, "OnboardClock", frequency, DAQmx_Val_Rising, DAQmx_Val_AcquisitionType_FiniteSamps, numSampsPerChannel)

' Set up required memory space
DAQmxErrChk DAQmxGetTaskNumChans(taskHandle, numChannels)
arraySizeInSamps = numSampsPerChannel * numChannels
ReDim data(arraySizeInSamps)

' start the task and read data
DAQmxErrChk DAQmxStartTask(taskHandle)
DAQmxErrChk DAQmxReadAnalogF64(taskHandle, numSampsPerChannel, timeout, fillMode, data(0), arraySizeInSamps, sampsPerChanRead, ByVal 0&)

'Call the StopTask module to stop the DAQmx task.
DAQmxErrChk DAQmxStopTask(taskHandle)
DAQmxErrChk DAQmxClearTask(taskHandle)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,291 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author chrisff

I managed to solve this and put the solution here in case its of value to anyone.

I ended up declaring the function and calling from the NIDAQmx dll (nicaui.dll)  directly as follows. Worked a treat with either timing mode.

Declaration at top of form code

' original function header and enumerations can be found in in NIDAQmx.h
'int32 __CFUNC DAQmxSetAIADCTimingMode(TaskHandle taskHandle, const char channel[], int32 data);
'
Private Declare Function DAQmxSetAIADCTimingMode Lib "nicaiu.DLL" (ByVal taskHandle As Long, ByVal channel As String, ByVal Val As Long) As Long
Const DAQmx_Val_HighSpeed As Long = 14712
Const DAQmx_Val_HighResolution As Long = 10195

Function Call

' see DAQmxSetAIADCTimingMode function declaration at top
DAQmxErrChk DAQmxSetAIADCTimingMode(taskHandle, myChannel, DAQmx_Val_HighSpeed)

Message 2 of 2
(7,285 Views)