Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot write I/O Shared Variable with VB6

Folks,

I have a cRIO 9073 with an NI 9474 plugged into slot 6 (other stuff too).  I created a project in LV2012 that uses the scan interface.  All the devices were recognized and the I/O Variables were created for each I/O point.  My VB6 app binds a pushbutton to one of the 9474 channels via the Wizard created I/O variable Mod6 DO0 (Network Published).  When I toggle the push button, the output does not change.  If I create a Shared Variable and bind it to the I/O variable and in turn bind the pushbutton to the newly created Shared Varible, it works!  Why does one method work and the other does not?  I don't have an issue when binding an LED to the I/O Varible.  I really don't want to duplicate every I/O Varible with Shared Varibles.  Any insight would be helpful and appreciated.

Blaine

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,193 Views)

Blaine,

Can you tell us what operating system you're using and give us some more information about your application, and the steps you went through to create these variables? Attaching a screenshot of you code may be helpful in troubleshooting this problem as well.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,177 Views)

Bryan,

Thanks for jumping on this.  I must apologize - what I did in the VB application was set the Access mode of the button connected to the shared variable to Write AutoUpdate.  The button connected to the I/O variable had the Access mode set to Write.  When I set the mode to Write AutoUpdate, the problem was resolved.  Sorry to bother you, Bryan.

Blaine

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,170 Views)

Blaine,

It's no problem at all, I'm glad you were able to get up and running!

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,160 Views)