Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CWGraph Flashing/Flickering when updating

We are utilizing CWGraph (3.0) in VB6-SP4 as a single trace chart. Quite often the chart flickers/flashes when updating, but there is no particular pattern to it. If a chart is currently flickering & a command button on the same form is selected to change the data being displayed, (through the chartxy method), the flickering quite often stops.

Changing the data being displayed only involves changing the Y-axis min/max values & label as well as clearing the previous data. The chart is neither re-drawn, nor are any controls added/destroyed on the form.

We have gone through all the possible combinations of properties of the cwgraph object to try and alleviate the problem, but so far with little success.
Since the flickering occurs somewhat randomly, it's proving difficult to nail down what may be causing it.

Has anyone had to deal with this problem before ???

I should also mention that we have other, (i.e. demo versions) of essentially the same system running on the same PC & have absolutely no problems with "flickering graphs", so blaming hardware is pretty much eliminated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,266 Views)
Have you noticed a correlation to the flickering and processor utilization? I am wondering if processes in the background are bleeding away performance.

Also, what happens when you change the display settings (pixels X pixels, 16-bit 32-bit true color, etc.) or even the video card?

keep us update, strange issue

ben schulte
national instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,266 Views)
Have you made sure that CWGraph.Windowless = False? Have you played with the CWGraph.ImmediateUpdates property?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,266 Views)