Measurement Studio for VB6

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 channel 1450 Hz data logging with PCI-6033E card, on-line averaging and viewing the raw and averaged signal in CWGraphs.

I'm acquiring 64 channels at sampling rate of about 1450kHz continuously and showing the data second by second in a CWGraph. Now, I would like to add an on-line averaging for all of those 64 channels and show it in another CWGraph. The averaging should occur with respect of external trigger and the sample should consist of about 100ms prestimulus and 500ms poststimulus period. Has anybody been handling this sort of things? How it's solved with ComponentWorks and Visual Basic?
I'm using double Pentium 700MHz processors and NI-DAQ PCI-6033E card.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,402 Views)
1. To get started with external triggering check out the examples in the Triggering folder that install with CW under MeasurementStudio\VB\Samples\DAQ\Triggering.

2. Create a prestimulus buffer that always contains the latest 100 ms of data. Just modify the CWAI1_AcquiredData event to transfer ScaledData (the data acquired) to your prestimulus buffer. See how there will always be a prestimulus buffer of data regardless of trigger state?

3. On the trigger, you can use the same CWAI1_AcquiredData event to route the data into poststimulus buffer and average the 2.
I see something like this:

if no trigger
100 ms of data to prestimulus buffer
if trigger
500 ms of data to poststimulus buffer
averaging and display function
reset trigger and buffers

good luck

ben schulte
application engineer
national instruments
www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,402 Views)
Thanks. The problem is that I cannot use external triggers like in the examples, because they are fixed to a start or stop trigger condition. Those conditions should be continuous when one wants to show and save all the raw data, I guess. At the moment, I don't see any other solution than just take one of 64 channels for a trigger channel and with software to recognize pulse from the ScaledData matrix. So, I cannot use any external trigger while continuously showing and logging 64 analog channels with "high-level" ComponentWorks components. Is that really true?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,402 Views)
True - When I answered your first question I had imagined 1 channel dedicated to data acquisition and another channel dedicated to the triggering events. You can connect the same signal up to both channels, this should not cause problems.

Hope this clarifies things.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,402 Views)