Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is there no Measurement Studio Project type in Visual Studio .net 2003 C#

Hello,

I would like to make a project for daq using .Net 2003 C# , so as I don't know much about daq I chose Measurement Studio , I installed .Net 2003 C# , Labview 7.0 , and then NI-DAQ 8 (I don't have acces to the PCI-6036E all the time , so I will use the simulated device option in MAX) ; the problem is that after I installed all of this softwares i don't see in VS2003 the "Measurement Studio Project" when I want to start the project .

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong , the NI-DAQ 8 is the free evaluation version , I'm using it instead of the NI-DAQ 7.2 which came with labview because it has simulated daq devices?

If the daq application wizard can't be used , can anyone point me to a tutorial or guide so I can acces the DAQ simulated device using code or simple API controls ?

Thank You in advanced , Andrei Muntianu
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,083 Views)
Hi Andrei,

You need to have Measurement Studio 7.0 or later and NI-DAQmx to have those Measurement Project Types show up in Visual Studio .NET 2003. Once you have installed both pieces of software, you will then goto File >> New >> Project, and then select on the Measurement Studio Projects category (see attached screenshot "New Project.jpg").

If you don't have Measurement Studio, you will not have those templates show up. You can download an evaluation version of Measurement Studio 8.1 here.

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,078 Views)
Forgot to attach the image.

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,077 Views)
Jonathan thx a lot 😄 , I'm currenty downloading the trial version of measurement studios , but if you say it will work also with MS 7.0 then probably i will use that version , because the univerity where I study has licence for it Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,074 Views)