Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where can I find reference for AxCWGraph ?

I need reference for AxCWGraph for Measurement Studio 8.0 with .Net2003. I can’t find it mentioned anywhere in available helps or on the web. I don’t like using packaged active X control in my managed C++ code, but I have no choice since managed graph is not supported in C++ as I was told. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Your help will be appreciated.

-al

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,505 Views)

Hi al,

When an ActiveX control is included in .NET application, Visual Studio creates two .NET assemblies. The Interop assembly is a wrapper created around the original ActiveX control. The AxControl is the interface for your application. When you use the ActiveX cotnrol, you are actually communicationg with a .NET control, however, the .NET control is calling the original ActiveX component through the interop assemblies. Refer to the Using Measurement Studio ActiveX Controls in Visual Studio .NET tutorial that provides more detail. 

For information regarding managed and unmanaged support, refer to this discussion forum post.

Hope this helps!

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,489 Views)

Hi,

I spoke with NI support. It appears that if you have Measurement Studio Standard edition helps that you need are not included. I have zipped the relevent cw wrapper helps which you are able to find in an attachment. 

I'm still surptised that man pages for such a basic objects are not easily found on NI support site. Let me know if you can discover cwGraph (same as AxCwGraph I hope) reference somewhere.

-al

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,480 Views)