From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web server error

Hello,
I have Measurement Studio 8.0.1 and Visual Studio 2005.
I just developed a web application and it works fine on my workstation where MS8 and VS2005 are installed,
but when I publish it on a real web server (IIS 6 on Win2003 srv) I get the following error:

------------------ begin log ---------------
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'NationalInstruments.UI.WebForms, Version=8.0.20.334, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464cdeaab541' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 15:  <system.web>
Line 16: <httpHandlers>
Line 17: <add path="ImageStateHandler.axd" verb="GET" type="NationalInstruments.UI.WebForms.ImageStateHandler, NationalInstruments.UI.WebForms, Version=8.0.20.334, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=***************"/>
Line 18: </httpHandlers>
Line 19: <pages>
------------------ end log ---------------

Please, can you address where I am wrong ? Maybe I have to install something on
the web server ? I hope not...

Thanks in advance,
   Stefano

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,460 Views)

Did you make sure you have followed the directions for Deploying Measurement Studio Web Applications found in the MStudio Help?

AlessioD

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,452 Views)
> ...Deploying Measurement Studio Web Applications found in the MStudio Help?

Well, this was exactly the info I needed and couldn't find in VS2005 help ! Smiley Happy
(I find VS2005 help much worse then VS6 help Smiley Mad)

Thank you for addressing me where to look for. Smiley Wink
  Stefano

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,446 Views)
Do you have any suggestions on how we could have made the topic easier to find? Did you use the Table of Contents, Index, or Search? If the Table of Contents, where would you have expected to see it? If Index or Search, what keywords did you use? We can add these to the topic.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,441 Views)
Guess stefano69 was talking about MS Vstudio 2005 Help, weren't you stefano?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,442 Views)
> Guess stefano67 was talking about MS Vstudio 2005 Help, weren't you stefano?

Correct !
I was complaining about the new visual studio 2005 help, which is for me much less
straightforward then the previous help system in VB6. It's easy to loose in it now... Smiley Sad

Once Alessio told me to look in MStudio help (I didn't realize there was a separate help)
I found the right information quite fast.  Smiley Wink

Bye,
  Stefano

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,433 Views)

I'm very happy to read that you were able to find the topic quickly.

I would like to point out that while you can launch the MStudio help separately (Start>>All Programs>>National Instruments>>Measurement Studio 8.0.1 for VS2005>>Measurement Studio Documentation), the MStudio help is also fully integrated into the MSDN help collection. So, if you launch the MSDN help collection (e.g. directly from Visual Studio), the MStudio help is still fully available to you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,429 Views)