Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to find module dependency with signature microsoft_VC100_CRT_x86.DF495...

I am fairly new to Measurement studio and am having an issue.I am running visual studio 2010 SP1 and measurement studio 2013. my project runs fine in the developement environment. But when I try to make an installer package I am getting these errors when I try to build the setup project.

unable to find module dependency with signature microsoft_VC100_CRT_x86.DF495...

Two or more objects have the same target location('[policydir]\9.0.30729.1.cat')

two or more objects have the same target location ('[payload_ul]9.030729.1.policy')

when looking at all of the detected dependencies module dependencies I found that mstudiocommon2010.msm and mstudioui.msm

had microsoft_VC100_CRT_x86.AFA... as a dependancy but the current merge module had the DF495 signature.

After reading some of the posts I saw that if you were running Visual studio SP1 you may need to goto the pre SP1 files.

I did this and the warnings for msstudiocommon2010.msm and mstudioui.msm went away.

now I have the problem MStudiodaqmx.2010.msm has a dependency on microsoft_vc100_crt_x86.DF495

but that got replaced when i went back to the older versions. I am at aloss as to what to do at this point.

As for the policy and payload error I was hoping these would disappear when the other issue is cleared up but I may be wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,974 Views)

Hi vmrak,

Just to clarify, have you been following the steps in the Deploying Measurement Studio Applications KB article and using the files posted in the Problems building InstallShield installer after upgrading to MS 2010 forum post?  Also, where are you seeing that MStudiodaqmx.2010.msm is dependent on microsoft_vc100_crt_x86.DF495?  If you're receiving an error that says this, would you mind posting a screenshot of it?

You could try keeping both the old and the new versions of the merge modules in the same directory on your computer to see if all the correct references are made this way.

-Myriam

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,951 Views)