From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trigger Ni scope

I am trying to capture large number of waveform from Ni scope using VC++ .NET. When i trigger the acquisition using the normal mode the acquisition starts immediately. However i want to acqusition to start only after a few millisecs or when there is some activity on the IO line. Requets some suggestions on how this can be done?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,019 Views)
Hi Arc,

It sounds like you currently have your application configured for immediate triggering.  In this mode the acquisition begins immediately after being configured by the driver software.  There are a few options that I think may work in your application:
1.  Edge Triggering - occurs when a signal crosses a trigger threshold that you specify. You can specify the slope as either positive (on the rising edge) or negative (on the falling edge) to the trigger.

2.  Digital Triggering - occurs on either a rising edge or falling edge of an external digital signal.

3.  Triggering with Trigger Delay - the amount of time that elapses between when a trigger occurs and when the digitizer actually triggers.

Refer to the High-Speed Digitizer help here for more information about the trigger options available.

Regards,
Andrew W
National Instruments

Message Edited by TheWoost on 03-16-2007 11:19 AM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,008 Views)