From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scale

Hi,

I am using Measurement Studio 8. I have a question about scale class.

I used another hardware equipment for data acquisition. So I have raw data already, I would like to plot them into graphics, but the customer can set their scale for the raw data. I would like to use the feature of scale in measurement studio 8. I am not sure I can do that or I can't do that, because I used the scale class before for acquiring data from NI, DAQ, at that way, I can set scale.

Thx
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,913 Views)

Hello YHong.

Great to hear you are using Measurement Studio 8. The Scale class is part of the DAQ API for .NET. It is only used during acquisition to scale the data as you are processing it. You then have the opportunity to access the un-scaled (raw) data or the scaled data. It does not support post process scaling.

To scale your raw data post-processing you have two options. The first option would be to use the AnalogWaveform class and use the ScaleMode method. This supports linear scaling of the raw data. The other option would be to use the .NET math class to do the scaling via the mathematical functions.  

If you are referring to scaling the display graph, rather than the raw data itself, I would suggest looking at the SimpleGraph example that ships with Measurement Studio. This illustrates how to create a basic and useful graph solution which allows you to play through your data and scale the window of the graph according to user input. This example is available in both Visual Basic and C#.

Let us know if you have any additional questions regarding this application!

Regards,

Chris Behnke
Sr. RF Engineer
High Frequency Measurements
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,878 Views)