Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Package Load Failure" after installing WiX

Hello,

I've been using NI Measurement Studio 8.1 with VS 2005 for awhile with everythign working fine, until yesterday, when I installed WiX and started having multiple "Package Load Failure" errors for Measurement Studio tools (see picture attached). I uninstalled WiX and the errors were gone. Then I installed WiX again this morning and the same thing happened. I guess the best thing to do is to uninstall WiX but I would like to use it alongside with Measurement Studio if possible. Can someone provide insight into this? Thanks.

Message Edited by ictoan on 09-11-2007 08:12 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,919 Views)
Can you give us some more specifics about the WiX you installed?  What version was WiX? I am assuming you installed the VStudio integration, it this correct?  Anything else about the WIx installation would be helpful. 

This is something new, so anything you can provide me to help me reproduce this issue would be helpful.

-Jeff
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,885 Views)
Opsy, here's the WiX installation file I got: it is Voltive-2.0.5325.0.msi from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=105970&package_id=114109

So yeah, it is the integrated version using Visual Studio IDE

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,881 Views)
Hello,

I have done my best and been unable to reproduce this.  I may need some more information:

What OS is this on?
Are you using VS2005 SP1?
Can you give me the exact version of Measuremetn Studio you are using?
Have you tried the same scenario on another machine and been able to reproduce this?
Can you try opening a VS2005 command prompt and typing "devenv /setup" to see if this fixes the issue?
Is there something I need to do in a Wix project to make this happen?

-Jeff
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,781 Views)
Hello,

Thanks looking into the problem. Here's some more information.

no. 1: When I installed WiX, there was a problem at the end of installation... I captured the error message so you can look at it. The same error occured when I uninstalled WiX as well.

Here's the error message from Debug: An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in NationalInstruments.MeasurementStudio.dll
Additional information: Could not load file or assembly 'NationalInstruments.MeasurementStudio.Interfaces80, Version=8.0.20.312, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4544464cdeaab541' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

no. 2: After I downloaded WiX, I was going through this tutorial, http://www.tramontana.co.hu/wix/lesson1.php; downloaded the example, SampleFirst in "C:\WiX\" directory.  In order to create a MSI using SampleFirst, one must first change the invalid GUID in the file prior compilation. So I used GUID created from a GUID generator and replaced the invalide GUID.  Then I used MS-DOS and and used their compiler and linker (light and candle) to create a SampleFirst MSI file.

I'll attached the edited SampleFirst.wxs file, SampleFirst.wixobj and SampleFirst.msi file because it's the first and only place where I edited GUID.

no. 3: Environment: Microsoft Windows XP Professional 2002 Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition Version 8.050727.762 SP (.050727-7600)

Thanks & Good Luck

Message Edited by ictoan on 09-21-2007 08:15 AM

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,773 Views)