From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network variable cluster

I am trying to pass data between a LabVIEW application and a Measurement studio .NET C#, and this works well for simple variables.

I would like to pass a LabVIEW cluster (in fact an array of clusters), but the C# application stop when the Network Variable is initiated in C#.
Is this possible?

I am new ti C# so the problem may occur from how I define the "cluster" in C#. I there an example? Or does anybody know?

Hansrn
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,567 Views)
Hi Hansrn,

Unfortunately, there is no way to directly send a cluster to Measurement Studio via Network Variables.  We made the decision not to support clusters when we created the Network Variable API. This decision was based off many factors including no customer requests for this feature as well as there were performance considerations to take into account. With regards to the performance issues, basically if any element of the cluster changes, the whole cluster gets written across the network which can lead to bandwidth issues.  So the recommendation solution is to break up your cluster into the individual elements and send those across via shared variables.

If you feel strongly about having this as a feature, please submit a product suggestion.

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,553 Views)

Thank you for the answer, good to know.

I will find an alternative solution.

Hansrn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,534 Views)

Hi,

I'm in a similar situation myself. Though it has been more than 10 years, I was wondering if you found a solution to the above problem ever.

Gyani

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,402 Views)