From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nationalinstruments.ui.windowsforms Issues

Hello

I've just recently purchased the PCI-6251. I am developing an appilcation in VS.net 8. I was using the provided reader to take samples from an incoming analog signal. I would then take these samples and add them to a graph that I had. This graphing took too long and eventually the samples would become unavailable and throw an error. From here I found that there is a nationalinstruments.ui.windowsforms library that would probably handle taking the samples in real time. I can not however use the library as I get a licence exception. When checking the licence manager, it indeed does not even show Measurement Studio. I have installed Measurement Studio for VS2005, but not the actual program it seems. Upon looking through out the cd that was provided I can not find the actual program and hence not licence it. Or at least so it seems.

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Jeremy
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,882 Views)
Hi Jeremy!

You will not actually see Measurement Studio as licensed in the License Manager.  The place to check for Measurement Studio Licenses would be in Visual Studio, by clicking "Licenses" on the "Measurement Studio" menu.  Here you should see a list of things that you are licensed to use.  What do you see if you navigate to this menu?  If you do not see anything, the first thing to try is repairing the installation by going to "National Instruments Software" in Add/Remove Programs.  Here you should be able to select NI Measurement Studio for VS2005.  Then click the "Repair" button to repair the installation.  Let us know if this does not work!

Thanks,

NickB
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,859 Views)