From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

licensing measurement studio asp.net on server

HI,

I'm experimenting with deploying an ASP.NET web app. I'm testing using the WebForms example app provided with the measurement studio distro.

When I'm testing on the webserver on my local development machine everything works fine. But when I upload the code to the pre-production webserver I can hit the starting page and get the list of examples but when I navigate to one of the pages I get an error about licensing.

We have a site license here. What do I need to do to allow the Measurement Studio stuff run on my pre-production server?

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,104 Views)
Please see this post.

Brock
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,098 Views)
Thanks so much for the quick reply I've created and uploaded an app_licenses.dll and that's fixed the initial problem Smiley Happy

Now when I navigate to the AutoRefresh example I get a parse error which says:

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Cannot create an object of type 'NationalInstruments.UI.SwitchStyle' from its string representation 'HorizontalSlide' for the 'SwitchStyle' property.

Source Error:

Line 35:             <td>
Line 36:                 On
Line 37:                 <ni:Switch ID="enabled" Runat="server" Width="100" Height="50" SwitchStyle="HorizontalSlide" ImageAlign="Middle" OnStateChanged="OnEnabledStateChanged" />
Line 38:                 Off
Line 39:             </td>

Source File: /nidotnet/AutoRefresh/Default.aspx    Line: 37

Strangly, this does work when I'm hitting the same example on my local webserver!

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,096 Views)
Just a couple of thoughts
  • On your Production machine are you running the .NET framework 2.0.
    • In IIS, Right click your virtual Directory and select Properties
    • You should see an ASP.NET tab and make sure the ASP.NET version is 2.0
  • When you say "it works on your local webserver" are you talking about your devmachine.

Brock

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,093 Views)