Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

learning measurement studio

Hello,
I am new to measurement Studio 7.0 and i would like to first learn the basic of measurement studio. I looked at the sample examples that came with the evalution version. But the sample don't tell you the basics.
All i need is a set of functions that are provided with measurement studio and how to use them. also What to include and inherite in the code. Essentially a detailed manual for the software but not like the one posted online because it doesn't talk about how to use measurement studio in details.I also tried the help menu ( it's very tough to follow and not clear).
I really want to learn this software.Please help

Thank you in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,958 Views)
pick a visual studio language (C# or VB) and write a few programs
without Measurement Studio

understand how to write in .NET first

then focus on how to use the Measurement Studio Add-in.

if you can write simple programs in VB or C#, you can pick up on
what's happening in the NI example codes..

cheers

Philip Newman
General Dynamics
Electric Boat
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,934 Views)

Hello,

It seems that you have been able to find most of the documentation resources available to you already.  In order to start learning how to use Measurement Studio you will have to use both the manual and the help file together.  The manual will give you a general idea of the different components available to you in the product and what functionality is offered by each of them.  I'm not sure if you were able to find version 7.0 of the Measurement Studio manual so I am appending a link to it here:

Measurement Studio Manual v7.0

[http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/593EC792C8D7B6ED86256D4800723893]

Once you find a particular component in the manual that you are interested in, I would recommend you start looking at the Measurement Studio help file.  The help file is the most detailed information you will find on the different components.  You will find exactly what methods and properties are available in each component and how to use them.  If you want to see the components in action I would finally start looking at the examples that come with the product.

If you want information on how to use inheritance with Measurement Studio I would recommend you take a look at tutorial on the particular language you are using in Visual Studio.  Measurement Studio is not a programming language in and of itself, it a set of components that facilitate the development of measurement, test, and industrial automation applications in the Visual Studio environment.  Therefore, you will have to know how to use a particular programming language before you start looking at Measurement Studio.

Regards,

Santiago D

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,933 Views)