From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internal memory state not initialized error -20064

hey

i am having some problems running the peak detector, whenever i try to call it i get the following error:

NationalInstruments.Analysis.AnalysisException was unhandled
  Message="Internal memory state was not initialized correctly. Analysis Error Code: -20064"

strangely it works fine in other places in the code, but not when called from a particular method.

can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,871 Views)
Hi Kreuters,

I hope you are doing well today! What version of LabVIEW are you using? One of the issues which might be causing this is that in the polymorphic Waveform Peak Detect VI, the "one channel instance" creates a new uninitialized "State Info" cluster for each call. When making multiple calls to the VI, this cluster should be passed from the previous run. Instead, the VI incorrectly creates a new uninitialized cluster. To pass the previous cluster, replace the Waveform Peak Detect one channel instance (called Waveform Peak Detection for 1 Chan VI) with the attached Fixed Waveform Peak Detection for 1 Chan VI.

If this doesn't solve the issue, be sure to post a snapshot of your code and let us know what version of LabVIEW you are using. And, giving some information about the code always helps. Have a great day!
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,864 Views)
hey

i am not using labview at all, i am using measurement studio. i have isolated the cause of the problem now, it seems that if you instantiate the peak detector in a different thread to the one that is calling it, this error is created. cannot think why particularly, but an easy enough solution.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,861 Views)