Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image viewer color

I have an image viewer control and have set it to load a jpeg. The jpeg is color, however when it loads in the image viewer it appears grayscale. How do I enable color settings for the viewer?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,188 Views)

Hi, uk1980,

To help figure this out with you, we need to get a little bit more information. Will you please let us know what versions of Visual Studio and Measurement Studio you are using? Also, have you installed any additional libraries which may include this image viewer?

Thanks!

- John

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,168 Views)
I'm working with VS 2005 and Measurement Studio 8.9.0.246. I'm not aware of any other libraries that may include the viewer.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,166 Views)

Thanks for the info. One more followup question for you... are you using a CWIMAQViewer or other IMAQ objects?

Thanks!

John

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,154 Views)
I'm using the ImageViewer Control that shows up under Measurement Studio in my toolbox in VS2005. It appears to come from NationalInstruments.Vision.WindowsForms namespace
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,151 Views)

Hi UK1980,

Do you have IMAQ installed on your system? Check that in MEASUREMENT AND AUTOMATION EXPLORER (MAX) under software.

Thanks and have a great day. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,123 Views)
Yes. I have IMAQ 4.3 installed.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,121 Views)

using NationalInstruments.Vision;
using NationalInstruments.Vision.Analysis;

FileInformation fileInfo = Algorithms.GetFileInformation(txt_Path.Text);
imageViewer1.Image.Type = fileInfo.ImageType;// !! you can find a hints. 😉
imageViewer1.Image.ReadFile(txt_Path.Text);

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,335 Views)

I am having the same issue with "IMAQ ReadFile.vi" in LabVIEW - the JPEG file I am reading is color but the image I get is greysale.  I have been adjusting the File Options and waatching the output data but there is no indication of what's wrong.

Any more hints or help?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,315 Views)

Hi Rick,

So this is actually the Measurement Studio for .NET Languages forum, which means it's talking about a different programming language environment. If you want the discussion to continue extensively, it would be best for you to post your question in a new thread under the Machine Vision forums, which focuses on vision in general. Thanks!

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/bd-p/200

Ravi A.
National Instruments | Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,306 Views)