Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graphing a bunch of data with signalGraph, lower half of data is deleted

Hey,

I'm basically plotting a very large binary string (2056 bits) with the signal graph.  i created my own little algorithm to plot the graph, and it works great for binary strings of shorter length, but any binary string that is somehwat long (maybe over 400 or so bits?), the graph has to shift to the right and when it's done graphing i'm looking at x indices 1650-2056 instead of 0-2056 (when i graph the 2056 bit string).  So, in essence, the graph has shifted to show the last 400 or so bits, but everything graphed before 1650 (x indices 0-1649) is now blank... and my waveform only shows for 1650-2056.  I traced through the code, and the algorithm is graphing correctly, so i think that there is a problem in which the signalGraph shifts and loses prior data.  If anyone needs more information to answer this problem, please let me know.

Thanks so much! 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,591 Views)
sorry, i meant waveformGraph
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,580 Views)
Hi njuneardave,

It sounds like you are overwriting your plot.  WaveformGraph's have PlotXAppend and PlotYAppend methods that append data to the end.  Those should help you get around the overwriting of the old data.  If that isn't what you were looking for, what Measurement Studio methods were used in the WaveformGraph code?

Gavin Fox
Systems Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,565 Views)
hey, thanks for the reply.

sorry it took me so long to get back... i am using PlotYAppend.  I have two graphs, plotGood and plotBad.  I start both off with something that looks like:

signalPlotBad.PlotY(array0,0,0);   and signalPlotGood.PlotY(array0,0,0);     (where array0 = {0})

After those original statements, i use PlotYAppend only. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,543 Views)
Hi njuneardave,

If you open the properties of your plot, what is your HistoryCapacity setting in the Behavior section?  That's what sets the maximum amount of data that can be kept in appending history.

Gavin Fox
Systems Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,522 Views)

hey Gavin, thanks for the advice, but when i could not find a waveformGraph.HistoryCapacity member.  I'm using Measurements Studio v. 7.0

Is there something that I am missing here? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,512 Views)
Hi njuneardave,

Not
    waveformGraph1.HistoryCapacity
but
    waveformPlot1.HistoryCapacity
or
    waveformGraph1.Plots(0).HistoryCapacity

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,498 Views)
ah, yes, thank you so much gavin and yugen.  that fixed my problem!  i really appreciate your time and patience.  thanks again!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,486 Views)