Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

evaluation period has expired

I have loaded Measurement Studio 8.0 for VS.net 2003 trial version.
When i execute my application for the first time, i have a error :

"System.ComponentModel.LicenseException" is occured in "nationalinstruments.common.dll"

...evaluation period has expired.

But, my licence expires in one month!

How can i evaluate Measurement Studio 8.0 for VS.net 2003?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,339 Views)
Licensing works by giving you 30 days from the time the evaluation version is installed on the machine. If you are within the 30 day period, the application will run without an exception. After that 30 day period license exceptions will be thrown, as you are seeing. You can check Measurement Studio>>Licenses menu item in Visual Studio to see when the evaluation period will expire.

Are you using a foreign OS?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,320 Views)
The same exception happened to me. I installed the 8.0.1 version (trial) on two different xp (sp2) machines with the same result. I installed the vs2005 version.

I think that NI should go deeper into this problem. It will not be possible to evaulate the .net version of the product. If it is not possible to evaluate the product, I will definetly not buy it.

Message Edited by andreas@apertura.no on 06-15-2006 05:03 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(6,316 Views)
Ok. Can you tell me what is says under the Measurement Studio>>Licenses menu item? The expire dates should be listed. I would like to track this down, because we are not seeing this behavior. Other info that would be useful:
  • Did you upgrade from a previous install or is this a clean install?
  • What OS (English, German, etc)?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(6,306 Views)
I'm experiencing the same problem

I've done a clean install (no previous version of any NI software) on XP (Tablet) SP2
OS is set to English (Australian)

BTW, I have no "Measurement Studio>>Licenses menu item".

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,279 Views)
Ok. I have found the issue. The issue is due to a date formatting issue in the evaluation license file. I have regenerated some license files that will work. The license files attached will expire on 7/21/2006. These license files are good for both the VS2003 and VS2005 8.0.1 evals. Copy them over the current license files in the [Installdir]\DotNET\Assemblies folder.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,247 Views)
Let me be more specific. The license files above will begin to work on 6/21/06 at 2:11 p.m. and will expire after 7/21/06 2:11 p.m.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,242 Views)
The fixed Measurement Studio evaluation version is now available for download. See the link below for more information.

http://www.ni.com/mstudio/try/

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(6,146 Views)

Are you guys sure this solution works ?

I am asking since i have got the evaluation version on CD from Ni Israel 2 weeks ago and it still has the evaluation license issue.....

Anyway, i am trying to dl. the eval. version from the site.

Will update you all as i go.

Btw, i was wondering - where can i find a worthy c# Measurement Studio tutorial ?

All i could find is some lame DAQ guide ...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,055 Views)