Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daqMX API

I am working on a project where I need to use C# to both write a waveform (could be sinusoidal, square, etc.) on one of the analog out channels and then read the waveform on one of the analog in channels and for certain monetary reasons (I'm just a student) I cannot really afford to buy MeasurementStudio.  

So, is anyone aware of a fully documented API for the DAQ-MX C# plugins?  I've looked around a fair amount and cannot really find anything.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,089 Views)

Hi mwalk99,

You don't need MeasurementStudio in order to use the DAQmx driver in C#. All you need is the .NET support added during installation. After you install the .NET support, you can access the help documentation installed with the driver as well as examples on how to perform various tasks in DAQmx. Measurement Studio basically adds extra UI options as well as an advanced math library, but this shouldn't keep you from simply sending and receiving a waveform using DAQmx as long as your device has the capability.

Andy F.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(3,060 Views)

Thank you!  I guess my confusion stemmed from there not being a standard API that you would find just about everywhere else.  Now to figure out how to read and send data at the same time...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,056 Views)