Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

black screen on PC sleep/resume

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a problem with my .NET WPF application using measurement studio. The application consists of a tabcontroller with 5 tabpages two of which simply contains WPF Graphs. My problem is the app runs fine until I put the PC to sleep at which point the tappages with the graphs stop responding i.e. one can't select them and if they are active and I minimise the application, I get black screen when I try to maximise it. If I remove the graphs and instead put a knob or LED, everything works fine after restart. it is not throwing any exception so I am a bit baffled.

I also have a window with a measurement studio graph and after system resume, if i call .Show() or .ShowDialog() on the window, I get the same black screen and the app never recovers from it. Everything else like the menuitem and toolbaritem still work.

My question is what happens to the measurement studio controls (the graph especially) when the computer is put to sleep and how can I prevent this from happening.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,755 Views)

Hi falopsy,

What are you displaying in the tab controller of your WPF Graphs? Are you pulling data from a specific piece of hardware? If you are using hardware it may be that the computer going to sleep could be affecting the driver of the hardware and not causing it to resume its previous activities when woken up.

What version of measurement studio are you using and with what version of visual studio?

Best Regards,

James Kent

James Kent | Applications Engineer | National Instruments UK & Ireland
w: uk.ni.com | ireland.ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,738 Views)

No it is not because of that, even without plotting any data I have that error. What is actually happening is posted more clearly here (http://forums.ni.com/t5/Measurement-Studio-for-NET/Window-with-WPF-Graph-freezes-when-windows-accoun... and it is a bug with the measurement studio graph control. There is a Corrective Action Request filed for the issue. The CAR number is 407433. I hope the CAR can be resolved quickly.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,720 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author falopsy

(To avoid duplication, just want to mention the latest reply on the earlier thread about this issue.)

~ Paul H
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,708 Views)

Thank you very much Paul for the solution. You are always helpful and provide fast answer.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,689 Views)

Just wanted to let you know this issue (#407433) was fixed in the Measurement Studio 2015 release.

~ Paul H
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,385 Views)