From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

binding data in single xpf graph for multiple xy chart plots

Solved!
Go to solution

I am evaluating MS2013 in VS2012.  I have a long history with MS and Visual C++.  My goal is charting frequency vs voltage data from two dac channels.  I collect data at a particular frequency for two channels, process the data, and then chart the two resulting xy points.  As noted in earlier posts i found examples of binding a single xy data set via an array of points bound with .DataSource but not a means for binding to multiple plots.  I tried without success to find a ChartCollection that would handle a double as index and two y double values.

Stated a different way I would like to bind two XY chart plots in a single wpf NI:Graph to a data source I can fill over time and have the graph chart the entire time period.

My apologies if i have missed a piece of documentation that addesses this requirement.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,904 Views)

I got close to what I had in mind by using an observableCollection of Point arrays as a data source.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,871 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joemg

Unfortunately, we do not have any pre-defined data types that will chart multiple Y values against a single X value. Using an ObservableCollection<Point[]> is a valid approach.

If you are charting (X values are always increasing), then you could use an array of ChartCollection<double,double> instead, and mimic a multi-value chart using an extension method:

public static class ChartExtensions {

public static void Append( this ChartCollection<double, double>[] charts, double x, params double[] ys ) {
            for( int i = 0; i < ys.Length; ++i ) {
                double y = ys[i];
                var chart = charts[i];
                chart.Append( x, y );
            }
        }

}

~ Paul H
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,864 Views)

Looks good to me.  Thx.