Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

axcw3dgraphlib not recognized after installing Measurement Studio 8.5 on Visual Studio 2003

I am programming with Visual Studio 2003 - Visual Basic 2003 in fact - and one of my program had a cwgraph3d on its GUI.
The program worked fine until I installed the latest version 8.5 of measurement studio on my computer. Now, not only it does not recognized the axcw3dgraphlib, but it gave me an error on each of my "ex" in the "try-catch" command!!! I re-installed MSstudio 2003 and the "try-catch" command works again, but I still got this message:
"The referenced component "axcw3DGraphLib" could not be found.  A .net assembly wrapper for the dependant type libray "CW3DGraphLib could not be found" 

I am running on window XP SP2 and I have .net Framework 1.1 and 2.0 installed.

Is axcw3DGraph still supported in Measurement studio 8.x?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,761 Views)
Hi tilew,

We just released Measurement Studio 8.1.2 so I'm not sure what product you are referring to when you mention 8.5. LabVIEW and LabWindows/CVI are at version 8.5  My guess is that you meant Measurement Studio 8.1.2.

Anyway, when you use ActiveX controls in .NET, Visual Studio generates wrappers around these components for interop reasons.  The axcw3DGraph you mention is just the .NET wrapper that is autogenerated by Visual Studio.  You can read more about this in the Using Measurement Studio ActiveX Controls in Visual Studio .NET tutorial. 

You can see those files created if you just drag and drop any activeX control onto a Windows Form. In this case, drag and drop a CWGraph3D control onto your form and you should have 2 files created called: AxCWGraphLib and CW3DGraphLib. You should be able to see those in the References section in the Solution Explorer.  Then if you look in your obj\Debug directory of your solution, you should see AxInterop.CW3DGraphLib.dll and Interop.CW3DGraphLib.dll.  My guess is that you don't have those components which is why Visual Studio is erroring out. 

Installing Measurement Studio shouldn't have done anything to your auto-generated wrappers.  I would just re-create those wrappers and you should be good. 

I'm still curious about the fact that you say that just installing Measurement Studio breaks your code.  Is that all you did?

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,760 Views)
yes, you are wright: it is measurement studio 8.1.2 - sorry.
yes, I only just installed the new version of Measurement Studio but with Labview and Labwindow/cvi ( NI developper suite). 
The machine for the programming has no internet connection, so it is not an "automatic update" of some sort.

If I create a new project, I can drag and drop a new graph, no problem. 
Some old project containing the cw3dgraph don't have this error, but all backups for a specific project do.
So, I find a solution: I excluded the form with the 3Dgraph from the project, then remove the faulting reference (closed and restart the project to make sure all had been saved), then  add a new cw3dgraph temporary, wich install the reference. Then, I can add the old form to the project not loosing any special configuration associated to the 3Dgraph.

Thank you for your answer.  It helps because it showed me the right direction

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,724 Views)