Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatical serial poll

I need to use autopolling so my instrument can call back and tell me when it has finished a measurement.  I had code to do this that worked fine, but it now seems to have stopped working.  Not being sure what all I might of changed, I've contructed the following simple example (in VB.NET) to demonstrate the problem.  When I run this, the dataReady function never gets called.  I've run a concurrent session of the interactive control tool so I can do manual serial polls, and found that the instrument is indeed issuing a service request, but this is somehow not causing dataReady to get called.  It seems like automatically serial polling isn't happening, but the board properties form in MAX shows that autopolling is supposedly enabled.  I have tried restarting the intrument, my computer, and running the repair on the NI .NET libraries and NI-488.2 2.4 drivers from the installer.  I'm at a complete loss as to what is wrong.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Weirdly, I've found that if I let the program complete and the waitOne call timeout, when I run the program again, the dataReady function is called as soon as I call Notify and before the measurement is even started.

(Not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this question)

-Alex

Imports NationalInstruments.NI4882
Imports System.Threading

Module Module1
    Sub Main()
        Dim dataReadyD As New NotifyCallback(AddressOf dataReady)
        Dim lock As New AutoResetEvent(False)

Dim analyser As New Device(0, 17)
        analyser.Write("*CLS")
        analyser.Notify(GpibStatusFlags.DeviceServiceRequest, dataReadyD, lock)
        analyser.Write("*ESE 1")     'Enable reporting of operation complete in standard event status
        analyser.Write("*SRE 32")    'Trigger SRQ when a standard event status event occurs
        analyser.Write("AGE:SCON:SING")    'Trigger measurement
        analyser.Write("*OPC")       'Raise operation complete event in standard event status register
        'when measurement completes
        lock.WaitOne(100000, False)
    End Sub

Private Sub dataReady(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal notifyData As NotifyData)
        Dim theDevice As Device = CType(sender, Device)
        theDevice.SerialPoll()
        Dim theLock As AutoResetEvent = CType(notifyData.UserData, AutoResetEvent)
        theLock.Set()
    End Sub
End Module
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,901 Views)
Duplicate post.  Please see discussion of this topic in this thread.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,887 Views)