Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom scale errors

I have a graph with several scatter plots. Each plot has the same scale X/Y axes. When I zoom, they always scale together, or so I though. I discovered that when the range of the X Axis is large (> 10000), the plots don't all scale the same.

I need to know why all plots don't zoom the same amount when the ranges are all the same, and a solution to force them to stay synchronized. Note, this is NOT the problem of synchronizing two graphs. I know how to do that. This is two plots on one graph. Trying to sync them with events would likely cause undo problems, so I want to understand what is going on so I can find a potential solution.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,911 Views)
Hey Mike,

I tried this out on my end.  I used two scatter plots each with 11,000 points on the same graph.  I zoomed in on the graph and saw that the zoom behavior produced the same amount of zoom on each plot.  What version of Measurement Studio are you using?  Could you go into some more detail about this and possibly create a small example that exhibits this behavior (independent of any measurement hardware) to post on the forum?
Thanks,

Andy McRorie
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,896 Views)
I have 8.0.1. I fixed the problem by sharing the axis with more than one plot. I did not know I could do that, so I had one axis for each plot, and I would then hide all but one. Once I shared the axis, they all match.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,883 Views)