From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wix installer example

2014/03/27

I am attempting to use the example C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\MStudioVS2012\DotNET\Examples\Applicat¿ion\Deployment\WiX as a model for a Wix installer for my measurement studio 2013 application.

The installer installs the NI DLL's in the same folder as the application, however upon start up the application is attempting to load the DLL's from the GAC (C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_32\NationalInstruments.UI.Styles3D\v4.0_13.0.45.242__4febd62461bf11a4\NationalInstruments.UI.Styles3D.dll). The example also indicates "Remove the ConfigurationData lines that begin with "Config_" to install to the GAC". I have tried this as well with no success.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,120 Views)

Hi toma908,

This is because there are configuration lines in Common.wxs. If you comment out all the lines that have 'Config_' in the name and rebuild, this will install the DLL's and assemblies into the GAC. So, the first line of ConfigurationData in each section, 32 and 64 bit, should be the only ones left.

Jason H
Automated Test Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,105 Views)