From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Embedded Standard 7 Support

Solved!
Go to solution

I Have an Application using NI-DAQmx and NI-488.2.  It has been tested and run on Windows 7 Pro.

Will this install and work on WES7?  And will this be supported by NI?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,574 Views)

Hi Bob,

If your application works on Win 7 Pro, it's likely that it will work on Windows Embedded 7 (WES7) as well. Some of our HMIs and cDAQ controller run WES7 on them natively. However, installing DAQmx and 488.2 isn't technically supported. We've seen it work in many cases, and I would bet you could peruse the forums and find examples of this. However, as a general rule, these drivers have not been extensively test on WES7 therefore we can't recommend them / declare them supported. It looks like another AE has had success running NI-VISA on a WES7 system (http://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/GPIB-USB-HS-and-Windows-Embedded/m-p/3243892#... so I would say go ahead and try it out! 

Hope this helps!

Austin H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,551 Views)
Solution
Accepted by BobBinns

Thanks Ausitin,

FYI: Both NI-DAQmx and NI-488.2 install with the PCI-6229 and PCI Express GPIB board.  No error or complaints.  Preliminary testing looks good.

Regards,

Bob

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,496 Views)

Bob,

Glad to hear that it looks to be working! Good to know for future support cases. Feel free to reach back out if you see any strange behavior or need help with anything else!

Best,

Austin H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,474 Views)

Very good experience here on one production machine with LV 2015, DAQmx and VISA on WES7. I would be interested in roadmaps from Microsoft and NI regarding future embedded OS versions and support thereof.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,927 Views)