From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why ask for LabView Run-Time Egnine 7.1.1 disk

I just installed Measurement Studio Enterprise 8 on my new computer (no any NI hardware or previous NI products installed on this machine before). I did that on Friday. Everything went smooth and I was able to use Visual Studio 2005 to create a test project. But on Monday morning when I come back to work, the computer is trying to install LabView Run-Time Engine 7.1.1. and asking me to put such CD-ROM in. Measurement Studio CD set does not contain such a CD. So I downloaded on from NI website. But when I run the setup, the setup program telles me that a higher version of this product is already installed and refuse to install.  What should I do now?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,907 Views)
Now I know what caused that. I have a scheduled job for automatic database updating. It is scheduled to run every evening.  The program is written in Visual Studio 6.0. But has nothing to do with NI in any way. That database updating software was developed on my old computer which had NI-DAQ, but never LabView installed. When this scheduled job started to run, the LabView Run-Time Engine disk request cames up.  This database updating program has been running ok on this computer before I install Measurement Studio. So I would still say the Measurement Studio caused the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,901 Views)