Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to enter evaluation extension code for MS2012?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using an evaluation copy of Measurement Studio 2012 for Visual Studio 2013 until my company can get the full license ordered.  My 7-day evaluation period has just run out and I need to extend it. 

I have successfully obtained an extension code, but I can't figure out where to enter it.  All of the help topics I've seen on extending evaluation periods says to launch the product and a dialog will pop up asking me to extend my evaluation, but...  Measurement Studio is integrated into the Visual Studio environment.  There isn't any way to "launch" it, as far as I can tell, and thus no handy dialog box.  I tried entering the code as an activation code in the NI License Manager, but it just said the code was invalid (I checked it multiple times, no typos), so I'm guessing that's not correct either.

...Help?  Anyone know what I should do here?  (Other than, obviously, get that full license bought ASAP, which was always the plan anyway.)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,136 Views)

You can enter the activation code in the NI License Manager. For Windows 7, Start>All Programs>National Instruments>NI License Manager. You should see Measurement Studio listed and choose Activate at the top near options.

Sorry, I misread your post earlier. How many digits is the activation code that you are using?

Evan See
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,132 Views)

20--five groupings of 4.  I obtained it from this page...

http://ni.com/extendevaluation

...by logging in to my NI.com profile, then entering the computer ID I obtained from the License Manager on my computer and selecting that I was extending Measurement Studio Enterprise, version 2012.  Clicked Submit, it gave me the 20-digit code, and now I just need to figure out where to put it...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,122 Views)

Could you try it once more in License Manager? However when activating, first expand Measurement Studio 2012 then expand Development System then right click on Enterprise Development and choose Activate. This will make sure it is trying to activate the version of Measurement Studio that the trial is for.

Evan See
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,119 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sara_J

Oh lord.  I have to apologize for wasting your time.  I've been a dumb user.

When generating the evaluation code, I chose the wrong version of Measurement Studio--should have been 13.0, not 2102.  Unsurprisingly, when I provide the correct information, the evaluation extension is successful.  Smiley Embarassed

Sorry about that.  It's been one of those mornings.  That successfully done, I'll just go finish gathering the info for the *other* issue you've been helping me with...  Thank you so much for you assistance and patience.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,115 Views)

I know how those mornings can be. I'm happy to help.

Evan See
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,112 Views)