Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is ni-dcpower .Net API Function reference.

Greetings.   In article 14434 NI .Net Driver support it references

"Detailed IntelliSense help. .NET function reference, concept topics, and .NET to C mapping topic"

as features of the Native .Net API for NI-DCPower.  

I have intelliSense in Visual Studio for the example programs but where is the function reference?  If I should refer to the C-language function reference where is it?   Where is the concept help which explains how to program the device (a 4143  SMU) through the API (opening a session, referencing channels, programming current mode, etc.).

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,451 Views)

@Binoptics wrote:

Greetings.   In article 14434 NI .Net Driver support it references

"Detailed IntelliSense help. .NET function reference, concept topics, and .NET to C mapping topic"

as features of the Native .Net API for NI-DCPower.  

I have intelliSense in Visual Studio for the example programs but where is the function reference?  If I should refer to the C-language function reference where is it?   Where is the concept help which explains how to program the device (a 4143  SMU) through the API (opening a session, referencing channels, programming current mode, etc.).

Thanks

From my experience NI drivers auto-detect which version of .NET Framework is installed when it is installing.

If you install the NI driver first, then install Visual Studio, you will need to modify your NI driver install through Control Panel.

If your .NET Framework isn't detected, go in during the NI driver installation to include support for whchever version of .NET Framework you are using.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,444 Views)

Thanks for your response.  The VS install was successful.  My question was meant to find documentation explaining how to program the 4143 SMU, SMUs in general or where to find the function reference.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,440 Views)

@Binoptics wrote:

Thanks for your response.  The VS install was successful.  My question was meant to find documentation explaining how to program the 4143 SMU, SMUs in general or where to find the function reference.

The NI driver documentation and examples (if any) would show up under the National Instruments entry in the Start Menu.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,432 Views)
Have you tried opening the Visual Studio help viewer and looking for the integrated help that was installed with the .NET API? Alternatively, you can find CHMs online here:

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/CE5A0FC1A54A8E0286257EB60065B6F4

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/4640E550D05853F286257EB600779D85

Thanks,
Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,393 Views)