Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find information of the Measurement Studio Controls for VS 2005?

I am re-coding a labview project in C# using Visual Studio 2005 with Measurement studio. I would like to familiarize myself with the Measurement Studio controls available to me.....Is there some kind of reference or tutorial that can provide me with information on the control's usage ? i.e. properties, event handling, etc.

additionally I wanted to know if all controls in Labview are available for use through Visual Studio 2005?

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,811 Views)

Hi Joe,

I would definitely check out the Measurement Studio User Manual that can be found by selecting Start >> All Programs >> National Instruments >> Measurement Studio 8.1 for Visual Studio 2005. The user manual talks in detail about our .NET libraries including the User Interface library and has walkthroughs in Chapter 5. 

Also located in that same location is a link to our .NET examples so take a look there for help on actually coding. 

Additionally that location in the Start menu has a link to our documentation which is entitled Measurement Studio Documentation. This is one of the best resources to use. Open that documentation (you probably want to filter with the option Measurement Studio .NET Class Libraries) and check out several topics including

- Where to Find Examples
- Getting Starting with the Measurement Studio Class Libraries
- NI Measurement Studio .NET Class Library >> Using the Measurement Studio .NET Class Libraries >> Using the Measurement Studio Windows Forms .NET Controls. This is probably the topic you will want to be spending time in when dealing with UI controls. 

Measurement Studio doesn’t have every control that LabVIEW has but there's always ways of customizing/extending existing controls to get the desired results.

If you find that we are missing a UI control that you wish we had, please submit a product suggestion.

Best Regards and hope this helps!

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,808 Views)
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I will definetly go through the suggested material, see what I can get out of it and post about how its going.

thanks for your help.

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,804 Views)