From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the type of vistatus-VISA programming

Hi All

My custom has a dll which is based on NI-VISA to control their own instrument, I need to import this win32 dll in C#.net,

the prototype of a method in dll is   "ViStatus TXPRMGR_errorMessage (ViSession instrumentHandle,ViStatus statusCode,ViChar _VI_FAR message[]);  "

In my C# code, I wrote down like this  [DllImport("Targetdll.dll")]
                                                                public static extern type(type1 instrumentHandle, type2 statusCode, type3 message[]);
Please mind the red part, I don't know what type I should write down.

I'm not familiar with visatype.

Thanks very much.

Bestwishes

Rexxar.Ben

*The best Chinese farmer*
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,815 Views)

Hi

My code as follow,but it does not work.

I am fresh with NI-VISA custom type.

[DllImport("TXP_ResMgrDrv_32.dll")]
  public static extern Int32 TXPRMGR_errorMessage( Int32 instrumentHandle, Int32 statusCode, [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.LPStr)] ref string message);

*The best Chinese farmer*
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,814 Views)
This really has nothing to do with VISA, but try this (assuming stdcall calling convention)

[DllImport("TXP_ResMgrDrv_32.dll",CallingConvention=CallingConvention.StdCall)]
public static extern Int32 TXPRMGR_errorMessage (System.IntPtr Instrument_Handle, int Error_Code, System.Text.StringBuilder message);

If this doesnt work, you'll need to keep trying different configurations and make sure you understand how .NET handles interop.

Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,804 Views)