Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What product contains NationalInstruments.Analysis.Enterprise?

I'm a new engineer with the company, attempting to build an existing application, and am receiving an error that the reference "NationalInstruments.Analysis.Enterprise" can't be located.

I've installed LabView / MeasurementStudio 8.5, which satisfied numerous other references. I've scanned my system but there is no assembly installed by that name.

I'm assuming I need to install an additional product to gain that assembly, but which one?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,142 Views)
HI KennyA,

The NationalInstruments.Analysis.Enterprise.dll .NET assembly should install to the <MeasurementStudioVS2005>\
DotNet\Assemblies\Current\ if you have purchased the Measurement Studio Enterprise Package. All of the Measurement Studio .NET assemblies are stored in this directory.  For example, if you purchased the Professional Edition, you should have an assembly called NationalInstruments.Analysis.Professional

What assemblies do you have in that directory? Do you see any analysis assembly? Did you install .NET support for the correct version of Visual Studio?

Best Regards,

Message Edited by Jonathan N on 10-17-2007 06:15 PM

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,139 Views)

Thanks for the reply Jonathan,

Our NI sales contact informed me that assembly is only installed with the "Enterprise" edition of MeasurementStudio, and provided me a link to download an evaluation version.

This resolved my compile-time errors, now I'm experiencing an 'interesting' run time error. I'm receiving a 'MethodAccessException was unhandled' error on the following line:

private void InitializeComponent()

{

this
.waveformGraph1 = new NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms.WaveformGraph();

This happens to be the first time I instantiate an NI object.

1. The examples build & run fine.

2. I created a simple test application using the project wizard and added the one waveformgraph; the exception appears

3. The exception also appears in the legacy app I'm attempting to maintain.

I found another thread with this exception noted; the recommendations were to: delete the bin & obj dirs, removing & re-adding the references, removing & re-adding the libraries, and to deselect/select the "Enable Click-once security...". I've tried them all, no luck. (http://forums.ni.com/rss/message?board.id=232&message.id=4340)

I'm assuming it's a security / licensing issue & hope that when my key arrives next week & I can register the product "for real", it will go away. It would be nice to understand it though.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,132 Views)
Hi Kenny,

Are you opening your Visual Studio solution or project from a network drive? I have seen this error many times under that scenario. If this was the case, you should have received a message from Visual Studio stating "The project location is not trusted...." when you tried to open the project.

If you are in that case, trying copying the solution and project folders onto a local drive and then try and run the application.

If that doesn't work, post an example so I can take a look at it.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,129 Views)

That was it, thanks! Everything's building / running fine now. Although, the inability to use a share drive for development is going to cause havoc with our CM policy... :/)

--Kenny A.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,126 Views)
Hi Kenny,

You can still use a shared drive for development as the issue is not related to Measurement Studio but to how .NET works. You just have to configure the .NET Framework to give full trust to your network.   The .NET Framework includes a helpful tool called the Code Access Security Policy Tool (Caspol.exe) which creates security policy settings that tell .NET to consider a given network drive to have full trust.  For example, suppose that your code was located on your E: driver, which happens to be a mapped network drive.  You can add it to the trusted list by saying:  

caspol -q -machine -addgroup 1 -url file://e:/* FullTrust -name "E Drive"

You can also use the .NET Framework Configuration Tool which also allows you to managed code access security policies.

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,123 Views)