Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web server based data acquisition system from scratch..

Hi,

We would like to make a new web server based data acquisition system from scratch.

Is there any recommended way for selecting the tools and techniques? At the moment we are working with Visual Studio .NET/C# integrated with DAQmx and some Measurement Studio GUI components.

The web GUIs should have buttons, graphs, etc.. Is there any advantage to use Measurement Studio? In theory we can think LabVIEW too or forget the both. Just use DAQmx integration in the server side.

What do you think? All tips are welcome..

Thanks 😉

BR,

Ilkka

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,436 Views)

Hi ikka!

Could you share more detailed information about the system you are planning?

Did you already try it with LabVIEW?

Regards!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,395 Views)
Hi,

we have now a huge Visual studio/DAQmx/Measurement Studio based .NET/Windows Forms based application which uses  many different NI data acquisition boards.

Our systems are usually connected to LAN of our customers.

Now we will expand the system and it is time to think at least partly to replace the Windows Forms based GUI with a web interface so we do not need to install the client sw in every computer in the LAN.

Flexible web GUIs would be a perfect solution.

I do not know what Measurement Studio can offer for us? In the current application we use especially the Scatter and Waveform graphs and DAQmx.

LabVIEW is one solution but I am not sure if we got with it. Maybe just Visual Studio and DAQmx.. I just updated to VS 2015.

It would be surely good if we can share the code with the new web application and the current one. Luckily the current application is divided into many components and those can be reused and shared,.. even from LabVIEW. But we have no LV license and are focused C# at the moment. But if LV brings totally unbeatable benefits we can rethink our application..;-)

BR,
Ilkka
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,391 Views)