Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web control backcolor does not match form background

I am using several NI web controls on a Visual Studio 2005 web form (scattergraph and legend).  I set the backcolor to "Silver" for both the controls and the form. It looks fine in design view, but when I use a browser, the NI web controls are always slightly darker. This occurs in both IE7 and Firefox.  I have tried setting the backcolor to different colors including specified number values (i.e. #c0c0c0), but the web controls are always slightly darker. 

It's not a big performance issue, but it makes my website kind of ugly. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,313 Views)
Hello dualtronic,

I played with this on my machine and experienced the same issue in IE7 (note, I didn't experience this in Firefox 2.0).

I found that if I modified the ImageType property seen below (for example, I chose BMP), the colors matched in IE7 as well.

Here is an example of what my browser page looked like with one graph that had not been changed and the other that had - you'll see a noticeable difference between the lower graph (unchanged) and the upper graph (changed):

I hope this helps!

Message Edited by Derrick S on 12-10-2007 03:35 PM
Derrick S.
Product Manager
NI DIAdem
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,284 Views)
Hello Derrick,

This works. Thank you!

To get the best picture, I must use BMP (JPG and GIF do not render very well). I worry about tranfer rates and display times since BMP files are so much larger than PNGs.  Is there a calculation to "fix" the color so it matches the background better? Or perhaps you can tell me if this issue will be fixed in the next release of Measurement Studio?

Thanks again!

Joe
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,280 Views)
Hey Joe!

I'm glad things worked for you when you modified the ImageType property, but I'm afraid I have no good answer to your followup question(s).  Unfortunately, I don't think that this is something that can be "fixed" for future releases of Measurement Studio; in fact, we're not dealing with a Measurement Studio specific issue, but rather a conflict in the way that images are rendered in various browsers. 

The help documentation explains things much more thoroughly than I could.  Perhaps searching for the following topics in the Measurement Studio Help documents will be of use to you.  You can access them from within Visual Studio 2005 by selecting Measurement Studio » NI Measurement Studio Help:

1) DynamicWebImage class
2) "Web Browser Compatibility with Measurement Studio Web Forms Controls"

Derrick S.
Product Manager
NI DIAdem
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,262 Views)