Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Studio .Net can not convert my old Measurement Studio(6.0)Project built with Visual Studio 6.0 when I open an old project with Visual Studio .Net (I already installed the Measurement for Visual .Net) ?

No all my old projects do this kind of error. However, I create the project with the same options. During the conversion, dos windows is being opining and just after the error message appears
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,318 Views)
Bonjour Marc,

Make sure you are using the VC6-to-VC7 conversion wizard provided by Measurement Studio for VC++ .NET. The readme file states:

"In Visual C++ .NET, you must use the VC6-to-VC .NET Conversion wizard to convert Measurement Studio projects that you created with Visual C++ 6.0 to a Visual Studio .NET-compatible format. If you do not use the VC6-to-VC .NET Conversion wizard, Visual Studio .NET either terminates abnormally or restarts without opening the Measurement Studio project. This behavior is caused by a known issue with Visual C++ .NET. Refer to the Microsoft Knowledge Base and search for article Q316429 for more information."

Regards,
Azucena
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,318 Views)
This is a known issue in Visual Studio .NET 2002 - there is a bug with Visual C++ .NET where it will crash when loading a .dsp file that contains environment variables. This issue is documented in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article FIX: Visual C++ .NET May Fail When It Loads a .dsp File. All Measurement Studio 6.0 projects contain environment variables, hence VC.NET crashes when loading all Measurement Studio 6.0 projects.

The free Measurement Studio update for Visual C++ .NET contains a utility that will update your project so that it can be opened in VC.NET. Once you have the Measurement Studio update for VC.NET installed, you can find it in your Start menu under Programs-
>National Instruments->Measurement Studio->Tools->VC6-to-VC.NET Conversion Wizard.

- Elton
Message 3 of 3
(4,318 Views)