Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Studio Help menu

After installing Measurement Studio, I have the following problem accessing the search function in Visual Studio 2005 Help:  The "filtered by" drop-down list box does not list a "no filter" option.   The only filtering options are Measurement-studio related.   In other words, I can no longer search for help with Visula Studio topics, just Measurement Studio topics.

Anyone have a fix for this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,536 Views)
Hi What's this???,

I think the behavior you are probably seeing is based off how you are opening the Visual Studio documentation. For example:

- If you open the Visual Studio documentation from Start » All Programs » Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 » Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Documentation, the Contents window should display all the different Visual Studio categories as well as NI Measurement Studio Help (see attached VS Help Open.jpg).  You get this same view if you open Visual Studio 2005 and then select Help » Contents.

- Lets say you opened the Measurement Studio documentation from Start » All Programs » National Instruments » Measurement Studio 8.x for Visual Studio 2005 » Measurement Studio Documentation, you would notice the Contents window only displays Measurement Studio topics (see MStudio Help Open.jpg).  You get this same view if open Visual Studio and select Measurement Studio » NI Measurement Studio Help.

When you open the Measurement Studio help, you are simply in an already Visual Studio documentation filtered state. I hope this clarifies what you are seeing!

Best Regards,

Message Edited by Jonathan N on 03-23-2007 08:33 AM

Jonathan N.
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,532 Views)
If Help worked the way you described, I'd be happy.  But as you can see in the attachment, Help | Contents only provides NI Measurement Studio documentation and only provides NI Measurement Studio filters in the "Filtered by:" drop-dowm list box.

This incorrect behavior appeared after the NI Measurement Studio installation.

Ideas on how to fix this?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,518 Views)
Hi What's this,

My guess is that you don't have the MSDN Library installed on your system. If you don't have MSDN help installed, then when you go to Help >> Contents in Visual Studio, you only see Measurement Studio help.

Normally you would find the MSDN help under Start >> All Programs >> Microsoft Developer Network >> MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2005

Let me know if that's the issue.

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,504 Views)
I do have MSDN installed (but it came from a MSDN Enterprise subscription), as you can see from the attached screen shot.

Maybe I should just reinstall it?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,501 Views)
Hi What's This,

The screenshot you just posted was the MSDN 2003 Library help (an old version at that as the title indicates it was October 2004) and not the MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2005. It is very odd that you even have any references to Visual Studio 2005 in the index. If I search for Visual Studio 2005 in my 2003 MSDN library nothing comes up (see attached image MSDN 2003.jpg; Notice the title of the help is not the same as yours which is also odd). 

The MSDN Library for 2005 should look like the attached MSDN 2005.jpg. Are you sure you have the 2005 MSDN Library and not just the 2003. When I did my tests earlier, I had the 2003 MSDN help installed and not the 2005 help and saw the behavior you mentioned earlier. 

Notice the attached Start Menu.jpg snapshot which shows the MSDN start menu folder for me.

I am not sure if you can download the MSDN Library for Visual Studio 2005 for free but you just may not have installed it.

Let me know if this makes sense!

Best Regards,
Jonathan N.
National Instruments
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,495 Views)