Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Studio 2012 Support

Solved!
Go to solution

This solution was configured on other PC that has VS2008, And it doesn't work for me as I said..

Where can I find the beta version of MS ?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(4,481 Views)

What errors are you getting? I quickly built a small solution using the NI.UI controls by following the methods described in the link provided by D_Beil above and was able to build the solution just fine. Like I said, it is just a small test application using only the UI controls, but it does work. I allowed it to target the .Net Framework 4.5. Which framework version are you targetting? Be sure NOT to target any version of the Client Framework. Doing so will not work.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(4,472 Views)

Error 73 'Could not load file or assembly 'NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms, Version=9.0.35.292, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=18cbae0f9955702a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)' C:\Users\guyk\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\DataNetR3 Modules 2012-10-29 20.00 V2.0.6.24\DataNetR3\LC DataNetR3

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(4,465 Views)

@guyyyy wrote:

Error 73 'Could not load file or assembly 'NationalInstruments.UI.WindowsForms, Version=9.0.35.292, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=18cbae0f9955702a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)' C:\Users\guyk\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\Projects\DataNetR3 Modules 2012-10-29 20.00 V2.0.6.24\DataNetR3\LC DataNetR3

This error is occurring because the version of NI.UI installed on your computer is not v9.0.35.292. This is probably the version included on your VS2008 computer.

Look at the link reference by D_Biel previously. Inside the document it discusses fixing the .licx files. This is where you need to match the version number as well as the token string. This happens anytime you try to reference versions of NI libraries that are different from those used to build the solution to begin with. This is recurring problem with version control.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(4,458 Views)

@dwk wrote:

If you still have VS2010 installed you can configure your solution there and then open it in VS2012.

I too am disappointed that NI did not prepare the Measurement Studio 2012 for VS2012 before release. It's not like they did not know VS2012 was coming. As far as NI is concerned, if it does not pertain to LabView, they really don't care. I am surprised that they even support Measurement Studio at all anymore.

Hello dwk,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by our release timing, I would like to provide some insight to explain the support mismatch. Our Measurement Studio developers have been long preparing for Visual Studio 2012, and we are very excited about the new features Microsoft has implemented.

As a Visual Studio integrator and a National Instruments software provider, we find ourselves tied to two different release cycles, which rarely align. New versions of Measurement Studio release with all National Instruments software as part of Developer Suite so that our customers can upgrade all their NI software components simultaneously. Unfortunately, the release of Microsoft's Visual Studio 2012 fell right in between our scheduled release cycle. We know our customers will always upgrade to use the latest Microsoft environment, so our commitment is to release support for the newest versions of Visual Studio within 6 months. Thus, you can expect Measurement Studio support for Visual Studio 2012 in Q1 2013.

I hope that you have otherwise found useful the tools we provide in Measurement Studio, we have been increasing investment in this product and I would love to hear any feature requests you have for upcoming releases. We were very excited to release a completely new suite of WPF UI controls this year and will continue investing in the latest technologies for .NET. I hope that we don't give the impression that National Instruments cares only about LabVIEW. At the core, NI is a software tools provider, not just a LabVIEW company. Measurement Studio is a very important product for National Instruments and we are focused on providing the best tools possible for .NET developers in the test, measurement and automations industies.

Thank you for your patience and happy programming,

Anna Kozminski

Measurement Studio Product Manager

National Instruments
Message 15 of 21
(4,444 Views)

Hello Anna,

very good..

One wish.. I would like to have a possibility to read data from Network Variables by using Windows 8 Metro applications running in Tabets and Windows phones. It would be very good, if I can implement the applications by using the next Measurement Studio release. Thanks in advance..  Smiley Happy

BR,
Ilkka

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(4,432 Views)

Hey Ilkka,

That's a great idea, and we actually have an entire set of forums called the Idea Exchange where you can post ideas for possible inclusion in future versions of our products. The software development teams monitor those forums and do use the ideas, so it'd be a good idea to post your request there. Here's a link to the Idea Exchange for Measurement Studio:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Measurement-Studio-Idea/idb-p/MStudioIdeaExchange

Thanks for your interest and ideas!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(4,407 Views)

Just install VS2010, install MS2012. And then you can add the assemblies to MS2012.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(4,099 Views)

Measurement Studio 2013 is now available with support for Visual Studio 2012 and .NET 4.5

>> Download here

National Instruments
Message 19 of 21
(3,926 Views)

Can you pls tell where can 'Look at the link reference by D_Biel previously" be found?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(2,094 Views)