Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS 2005 crashes when using forums

Have VS 2005 pro with MS 8.0.1 pro. Have had three crashes of VS when I select these forums from the VS IDE. Luckily VS automatically restored files next time I opened it, but rather risky.

PC is fairly new with reasonably clean install of VS and MS. I have not have any earlier versions of VS or MS on it. 

To prevent this I am using IE 6.0.2900 to view forums, not VS.

Anyone else have similar experience? Any suggestions of how to prevent?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,008 Views)
Hi Steve,

I haven't noticed any errors when I access the NI forums from the Visual Studio browser; however, I don't have a large sample size to speak from.

Is this happening every time you access the forums or is it completely random? Furthermore, is it every time you access a specific forum or is this also random?

I would assume that this is not a Measurement Studio problem; rather it is a Visual Studio error. Perhaps if there is an error code or message describing the crash, we can investigate this more thoroughly.

Matt Mueller
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,985 Views)
Matt,

Unfortunately it does not happen every time I access forums. The error message is the usual 'we are sorry but VS must terminate with an unknown error', yada, yada, yada. I once tried sending the error report but it was taking so long that I gave up.

One possibility is that sometimes I have the project I'm working on open  as well as the forums. Then I'm looking at example solutions which starts another VS session. Of course I bounce back and forth between them.

I'll try to get more info on the crash and send it along.

Thank you,

Steve
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,980 Views)