Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB and NI-DAQ Card

I did try and run your GenDigPulse2005 example in vb 2005 and it gave me the same error as my earlier errors. So there must be somthing wrong with the .dll the IO is coming with???

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 41
(1,873 Views)

Because you installed VB2005 after NI-DAQmx, you need to reinstall DAQmx and include support for it. Follow the directions in this KB.

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 41
(1,870 Views)

VB 2005 was always installed on my Windows 7 64 bit machine. The DAQmx was installed after it. Did you see my other posts in the thread. It seems like there is somthing wrong with your .dll.

Can you please explain

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 41
(1,867 Views)

Sometimes, the install dosn't include it. Run the installation again and this time, select the option to do a custom install like in that KB. If it says it is included, then I will need a technical report from MAX.

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 41
(1,865 Views)

How do I get you a technical report from MAX?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 41
(1,861 Views)

This KB has detailed instructions on how to do that. Do this for both VM and Windows 7 machine. Attach the reports and I will take a look at them.

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 41
(1,858 Views)

Sorry for the delay here are the two things you requested.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 41
(1,853 Views)

It looks you have two different versions of DAQmx but you have the same versions of the assemblies. You should try repairing the DAQmx drivers on both machines (directions are here), rebuild the executable and then try to run it. Also, please attach your executable so that I can try it.

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 41
(1,844 Views)

Ok doing more investigation I noticed that after I added the .net framework 2.0 in the custom  install option (KB) that you sent earlier today. It created the assembly 9.5.20.112, this was the .dll I was missing. I then ran the project and still got the error. Now this time I changed the configuration manager from ANY PC to x86 and ran the small program and it work 😉 unfortunatly when I did this to my main program and compiled it, it do not work and the program just sat there. I installed the same program (changeging the to the x86 and installed it on the XP machine and it work)

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 41
(1,843 Views)

Follow the directions in this community example and attach the log files created when you try to run your program. This will give us an idea on if this has to do with assembly binding. Also, please attach your executable so that I can try it.

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 41
(1,835 Views)