Measurement Studio for .NET Languages

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB and NI-DAQ Card

The File program size is too big and wont upload.

Is there any chance I could talk with someone on the phone. This NI card is brand new

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 41
(1,903 Views)

Was able to update the DAQmx on my windows 7 side however the XP side woudl not update. So I am unintalling it and going to reinstall the same daqmx I installed earlier this morning on my Window 7.

If there any way I could match the version of daqmx from my XP side? When that software located?

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 41
(1,899 Views)

It looks like you have DAQmx 9.5 on your XP VM. You can get that from here. If you want to put that version, you will need to uninstall DAQmx 9.5.1 on your Windows 7 machine. What error were you getting when you tried to repair your DAQmx driver on your XP VM? 

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 41
(1,873 Views)

OK I have installed my program on 4 different XP SP3 machines, and they all work correctly. I have attached a screen shot of the installed .dll files from National Instruments after I install my program in my program directory. I notied the the DAQmx.dll is a older driver (10/10/2005) could this be the issue???

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 41
(1,868 Views)

Earlier you said that if you change your target CPU to x86, you program would hang. Did you try creating a debuggable executable and seeing where it is getting stuck?

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 41
(1,860 Views)

No I have not, hoiwever I have limited resources with vb 2005

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 41
(1,857 Views)

OK can we take a step back...how do I reference the daqmx.dll in vb 2005?

0 Kudos
Message 37 of 41
(1,856 Views)

They way you import it in your sample code is correct. Have you tried running the text based examples that come with DAQmx on your Windows 7 machine? You can find the the path to the examples here.

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 41
(1,852 Views)

I have confirmed all my code works fine on any XP sP3 machine with the installation of the DVD software 9.3.5. After I installed the DVD software 9.3.5 I get a folder under the assemblies folder of 9.1.20.159.

My software runs correctly and can see the card and can make all calls to the NI 6525 USB card without any errors.

However I am still having issues with Windows 7 64 bit.

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 41
(1,847 Views)

Can this NI card card be run under a 64 bit environment?

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 41
(1,841 Views)